Saturday 22 February 2014

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is a meme created by Tynga's Reviews. It is "all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks". If you would like to find out more about this meme click here. 

So I think the book buying ban went pretty well, with only the minor slip-up here and there. I am now, however, well and truly sick of it and I am lifting the ban! I have quite a few books here, mostly books that were kindly given to me by the O' Brien Press as I am currently undertaking work experience there (blog post on this to follow). I also picked up a couple of books in WH Smith and one book in a random bargain bookshop.


All of the images below will have clickable links to their Goodreads profile  (while some of the O' Brien Press books without a profile will link you to the O' Brien Press page).


Firstly we will start off with: THE O' BRIEN PRESS BOOKS



There is a great mix of contemporary, fantasy and historical fiction in this group. I have already started The Million Dollar Gift and I am loving it so far. If you like X-Men you will love this book.

Next up we have: BOOKS THAT I BOUGHT



Yes, sadly it has taken me this long to finally pick up the Percy Jackson book. I have been itching to read the Heroes of Olympus series but I know I must read the Percy Jackson series first and for some reason that has really put me off it (possibly because I have seen the terrible films!). I have had Falling Kingdoms on my TBR list since it first came out and I finally saw it in WH Smith so I had to get it. The last book I picked up was Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. If you don't know I absolutely fell in love with Sanderson after reading the Final Empire (review here). Elantris is an international bestseller and I do believe it is Sanderson's most popular book. I love his writing style and I love his incredibly unique magic systems which I have heard also features in this book, so it was a no-brainer when I saw it in WH Smith.

If you have read any of these books, let me know what you thought of them or if you yourself have taken part in this meme please feel free to leave a link in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts!

Make sure to check back on your comments as I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Teams

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare Delirium by Lauren Oliver The Chemical Garden by Lauren Destefano The Selection by Kiera Cass The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
 

Blog Template by Rockaboo Design Studio